Please read this disclaimer carefully before participating in the Loaded Lions: Mane City Web3 game ("Game"). Engagement with the Game is subject to the Terms and Conditions. Your participation in the Game constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions, in addition to the general disclaimers and risk disclosure set forth below (together, the “Terms”).
The Game is provided on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. The Game's development team ("Team") makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the Game's content, features, or functionality.
The Game and its contents are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute investment, financial, legal, or other expert or professional advice. You should consult with a qualified professional in the relevant field before making any decisions based on the information or content provided by the Game. Nothing in the Game or related documents and sites is intended to suggest that NFTs are investment products, securities, or anything similar or “financial” of any description. NFTs are to be reserved for fun only and NOT with any expectation of “value”, “profit”, “yield” or “investment”. Past performance is not a guarantee or predictor of future performance. The value of NFTs can go down as well as up and you could lose all or a substantial amount of your purchase price. When assessing an NFT, it’s essential for you to do your own research and due diligence to make the best possible judgement, as any purchases shall be your sole responsibility. Returns on the buying and selling of NFTs may be subject to tax, including capital gains tax, in your jurisdiction.
The Team reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Game, or any part thereof, as well as the Terms, at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice. The Team is not responsible for any losses, damages, or other consequences resulting from such modifications, suspensions, or discontinuations.
By participating in the Game, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms, you should not participate in the Game.
You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Game is at your own risk. You accept full responsibility for any losses, damages, or other consequences resulting from your use of the Game, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Team and its affiliates from any claims, liabilities, or expenses arising from your use of the Game. You assume all risks arising from interactions with the Game. A non-exhaustive list sets out some of the applicable Web3 and Web2 risks below.
There are several Web3-related risks when playing the Game. These risks include inherent risks associated with the decentralised nature of the platform and participating in virtual asset transactions. Risks include, without limitation:
- Partial or total loss of virtual assets or the initial capital;
- Delisting or collapse in liquidity with respect to virtual assets;
- Changes in the compatibility of a virtual asset with the Game, changes in the smart contracts;
- Regulatory uncertainty and government or legal enforcement action against certain virtual assets or categories of virtual assets, tokens, projects, or persons involved in crypto activities, including, without limitation, the prohibition of virtual assets in certain jurisdictions;
- Extreme volatility with respect to market behaviour, market forces, transaction parameters and value attributed to virtual assets;
- Possibility of market misconduct by participants, including, for example, market manipulation, trading on the basis of non-public information, and front-running;
- Instability, congestion, disruptions, errors, high transaction costs, network latency;
- Delays in or complete failure of virtual asset transactions being confirmed;
- Decentralised decision-making;
- Counterparty risk;
- Faults, defects, hacks, exploits, errors, or unforeseen circumstances occurring in respect of the platform or the technologies that the platform depends on;
- Loss or compromisation of private keys; and
- Attacks on the platform or the technologies that the platform depends on, including, for example, distributed denial of service, Sybil attacks, phishing, social engineering, hacking, smurfing, malware, double-spending, majority-mining, consensus-based or other mining attacks, misinformation campaigns, forks, and spoofing.
This list of potential risks is not exhaustive and is not intended to capture the extent of all possible risks. In the event of any of the above occurring, you may lose your virtual assets entirely. Participants should consider all of the above and assess the nature of, and their own appetite for relevant risks independently and consult their advisers before making any decisions in participating in the Game. USERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN RISK.
These above risks are in addition to existing Web2-related risks, which are the risks of using any virtual platform or digital space, as set out below.
There are a few other notable risks that may arise in playing the Game. Risks include, without limitation:
- Intellectual property risks: The Game may utilise various digital assets, such as NFTs, in-game items, or virtual currencies. The intellectual property rights surrounding these assets may be subject to dispute, infringement, or other legal issues that could negatively impact the Game's ecosystem or the value of the assets.
- Game development risks: The development and improvement of the Game depend on the ongoing efforts of the development team and the resources available to them. There is no guarantee that the Game will achieve its development goals or continue to receive updates and improvements. Additionally, the Game may experience delays, setbacks, or other challenges during its development process.
- Third-party risks: The Game may rely on or integrate with third-party platforms, services, or technologies. Any issues, changes, or disruptions to these third-party components could negatively impact the Game's performance or user experience.
- Internet transmission risks: The Game and particular virtual assets involved in the Game may rely on software or other technologies which may fail or experience issues.
- Online security risks: The Game, like any online platform, may be susceptible to hacking, phishing, or other cyber attacks. Users must take precautions to secure their accounts and personal information and be vigilant against potential threats.
- Community and social risks: The success and longevity of the Game depend on the active participation and engagement of its user community. If the community's interest or involvement declines, the Game's ecosystem may suffer, potentially leading to reduced value for in-game assets and a diminished user experience.
This list of potential risks is not exhaustive and is not intended to capture the extent of all possible risks. Participants should consider all of the above and assess the nature of, and their own appetite for relevant risks independently and consult their advisers before making any decisions in participating in the Game. USERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN RISK.